Prenatal bonding is an essential part of bonding with your unborn baby even before birth. It also helps to stimulate brain development and promote growth. Bonding heightens the future relationship with the family.
It prepares the baby to overcome anxiety, stress and illnesses into their childhood. Not to mention that the benefits of bonding are not limited to reducing the social problem in the future. You are nurturing a better person.
Bonding prepares you to be responsible and better parents. Parents-to-be if conscious must be aware of your own words, action, health and emotional well-being. Everything you eat, feel and act has a great impact on shaping his/her total well-being.
Education starts in the womb. But most importantly is how you the parents-to-be enjoy communicating with the little one. Imagine your little life in the womb react to the light when you put the torchlight on the mom’s tummy. How wonderful is that feeling? Not only it benefits you emotionally and that feel-good hormone can pass down to your unborn child and hence build this cheerful character inside you.
Music is a great way to bond with her, loud music may irritate her and she may kick to protest to show her dislike. She is well aware of her surrounding without seeing but feeling the vibration. She can ‘hear’ the laughing joyous voice outside the womb and feel connected.
Many parents bond with their unborn in these ways:
1. Play soothing music to the mother and child
2. Talk to the baby when cooking, shopping, outdoor exercising produces serotonin
3. Take pictures of the mother with a growing belly. Turn these wonderful pictures into an album, “A Journey Before Birth”.
Other fun ways are:
1. Write a journal of baby’s growth and activities like kicking, hiccup or pees. You can recognize them as they produce different rhythms.
2. Compose songs or poems. Sing and read with love and affection. Baby can feel it. Stroking, patty and touching the belly produces a rhythm that can stimulate baby’s sensory development.
3. Dance with your baby but no jumping. Let baby feels the swaying movement, also dance together.
4. Make a belly cast at 3rd Trimester can show your baby where she rests inside mummy’s belly
5. Read funny stories. Let baby hear and feel the positive vibration. Pass on the feel-good hormone including serotonin
6. Read positive love affirmation and feel the love, trust and comfort of your family member. Our body will produce oxytocin, more powerful feel-good hormone than serotonin.
7. Gently massage over mummy’s belly and talk to your baby. Feel the connection see if your baby moves or quietly enjoying it.