Active Birth with Labour Tools for Husband or Birth Partner
Giving birth is a family event that involves the woman, her birth partner/husband, and her baby. The role of the labouring woman is to give birth. The role of the baby is to rotate to an optimal position for birth. The role of the husband is to protect his family, support his woman in labour. Husband or daddy plays an integral role in supporting the labouring mother during labour, making her feel supported and comfortable using various Comfort Techniques.
In this 2.5 hours natural childbirth class, you will build your confidence and skills using various labour tools and techniques. You and your partner will learn how to enjoy your birth in the following area:
- Labour coping techniques using Selendang/long scarf, Birth Ball and other Birthing Tools
- Learn to identify the baby’s position, signs that require repositioning. Assist the baby to rotate into an optimal labour and birth position
- Various maternal labour and birth positions for an easier and effective birth
- Partner massage to enhance relaxation-promote body’s production of endorphins and oxytocin to speed up labour
- Body alignment exercises to balance the muscles and ligaments in the pelvis to be practised during pregnancy and/or use them while in labour
Please bring along shawls if you have one for practice in the class or purchase one Selendang/shawl of 2.4m in length for $15.
Date: Sunday, 19 April / 10 May / 21 June 2020 at 3.00pm-6.00pm
Venue: The Mind Sanctuary, 10 Winstedt Rd, #01-04 Singapore 227977
Cost: $150 per couple or $290 private class