Butterfly Touch Massage is developed and patterned by Dr. Eva Reich, MD while working with premature babies in Harlem Hospital during 1951-1952. Eva realised that Butterfly Touch Massage works equally well for children and adults as well as with elderly. Butterfly Touch Massage is a light touch therapy that helps to relax the person so that more work can be done to free the person of negative emotions that are trapped in the cells as a result from traumatic life experience. Butterfly Touch Massage melts the body’s defence system and it is the first step towards the expansion of life force.
Eva Reich is the daughter of psychoanalyst Dr. Wilhelm Reich who later discovered orgone energy-the energy responsible for the biological pulsation of life on Earth.
Eva Reich coined his father’s gentle work and developed it as Gentle Bio-Energetics. Gentle Bio-Energetics is an educational and therapeutic model that integrates verbal and body therapies for healing and growth. The gentle aspect refers to the non-invasive role of the therapist/helper, who nurtures with both touch and verbal interventions. Bio-Energetics refers to the individual’s life energy; how it flows freely or is blocked by armour, which results from traumatic life experiences.
Benefits of Butterfly Touch Massage for adults and the elderly:
- calm the autonomic nervous system, relax the mind and body, and improve mental clarity
- melt the armouring system, dissolve tensions in the physical body
- restore life force especially after an accident or illness, improve blood circulation and strengthen immunity
- stimulate and rejuvenates the whole body
- promote bonding for couples, create bonding between parent and child or baby
- positively affects the mutual relationships of adults
- develop body awareness and spiritual connection
Benefits to Mothers during Pregnancy, Labour and Postpartum Period:
- promote relaxation and the release of endorphins that help the mother stay in a state of inner peace
- help to heal the memory of primal trauma, release negative emotions that can hinder the labouring process
- support psychotherapy for those who experienced violence and sexual abuse
- help the labouring mother to relax during labour and birth
- restore energetic flow, helps mothers with postnatal depression
- promote bonding between the mother and her baby
Benefits to Babies and Children
- help baby release birth issue as early in life as possible
- help expand newborn’s energy after birth to integrate the birth experience
- calm the baby and reduce colic
- calm hyperactive child, aid sleep
- repair bond if mother and baby were separated after birth
For more information about Gentle Bio-Energetics please visit The Theory of Gentle Bio-Energetics.
Kong Choon Yen is trained in 8 Days Gentle Bio-Energetics(Not a certified practitioner). She is passionate about helping an individual to heal his/her primal trauma(conception to first 2 years of life).
Venue: Aromatherapy Clinic at Grandlink Square
Cost: Promotional price $50 per session. Butterfly touch massage on a baby is complimentary with a paying adult. A weekly session of Butterfly Touch Massage is more ideal.
Please contact Yen for the latest schedule and time slot.