Butterfly Touch Massage is one of the techniques taught in Gentle Bio-Energetics developed by Dr. Eva Reich. It is a gentle form of light touch therapy that expands our life energy, promotes family bonding, relaxation, healing, growth and overall improved well-being. This BTM is suitable for all age groups particularly beneficial to premature and newborn babies as babies energy field is small as compared to that of older children.
Reasons for common trauma for babies:
- Assisted birth such as cesarean birth, use of forcep, ventouse suction
- Use of anaesthesia during labour and birth
- Long labour due to the poor baby’s position
- Separation from mother right after birth
- Pricking of the heel due to jaundice
- Suctioning of throat
* Please note that trauma is unique to an individual. What causes a traumatic experience for a person may not be traumatic to another.
Benefits to babies:
- Promote relaxation and melt tension in the body
- Reduce stress and colics in babies
- Remove birth trauma and integrate the birth experience.
- Stimulate healing properties and promote growth
- Promote parent-baby bonding
- Relax diaphragm muscle to resolve hiccups