This childbirth preparation class is great for couples who wish to understand more about giving birth in Singapore and some hands-on massage techniques that partner can use to support his woman in labour. You will learn the topics as below:
What you need to know about your birth options in Singapore.
- Labour ward facilities in various hospitals – Choosing the birth environment that’s right for you
- Difference between water birth, hydrotherapy and other options
- Relaxation methods vs chemical pain reliefs (group work)
- Partner’s Massage-for grounding and to promote the release of endorphins. You will learn when and how to use light touch massage, firm touch, counter pressure, acupressure points etc.
- Finding your right team of support-What is a Birth Doula
Special notes: wear pants or shorts if possible.
Venue: The Mind Sanctuary, 10 Winstedt Rd, Block A #01-04 S227977
Date & Time:
Thursday, 21 February 2019, 7.00pm to 9.00pm
Saturday, 30 March 2019, 3.30pm-5.30pm
Cost: $100 per couple group class, $200 per couple for private class